Welcome to Everything Scout Herring, the ultimate Tumblr source on American actress Scout Herring. Find the latest news, pictures and other goodies relating to Scout. Follow us!
"There are days where I wake up and I don't really love what I see in the mirror. It's a part of being human, having insecurities. I'm 27 years old and I still break out when I'm stressed. I've made a ton of mistakes but I'm now making the concious effort to treat my body better, this is the only body that I get. I've gotten rid of a lot of bad habits recently and I'm proud of myself for it."
I met Scout at a tanning salon in Boston earlier today! Don't worry, guys, she was just getting a spray tan. She was really nice, didn't have a problem with snapping a picture with me even in no makeup. I was nervous about asking since I've read that she can be kind of a jerk about that it but my friend talked me into it. Soooooooooo happy that she did! Guessing she's in town for Ione's shows. We talked about The 100 for a sec and she's just as impatient as we all are for season 3!
• Will screen out of competition on Sept. 4 in the Sala Grande at the Palazzo del Cinema at Venice Lido
• Will be distributed worldwide Sept. 18
Scout Herring out and about around Los Angeles 7/20-7/23.
Hey buddy. I need you to listen very carefully to what I’m sayin’ because there are lessons again and again throughout your whole life. You gotta learn from these things, right?
"It's not about where you are, it's who you're with."
"We eat A LOT of pizza"
"Trying to be and do things as normal as possible is our goal."
"I think we'd live together if we didn't like our privacy so much. We will when we're old, Golden Girls-esque. We'll take care of each other."
"I love that they're doing it and I'd love to step back into Fugazy's shoes again. I haven't heard anything on whether the idea is to include Fugazy and Jr. Jr. and by now it's probably a slim chance but never say never, you know? Either way, it's an awesome idea. Any kind of female centric movie that I hear about being in the works, I'm all for. There needs to be more. Females can be just as hilarious, just as badass, just as interesting, just as.. whatever as males can be."
"You get to that age where you don't care what people think of you. Of course you want people to like you but if you have to be someone you're not for it, you realize it isn't worth it. You won't be happy with yourself when you go to bed at night. Just be weird, who cares?"
Five Things You Might Not Have Known About Scout• She almost gave up on acting - "I had done a little bit of work in high school but things weren't taking off the way I had hoped to. I really thought I wasn't going to get anywhere and moving out to Los Angeles was for nothing. I got this idea one day that I'd spend my life working at Disneyland. I went to an entertainment audition but got cut the first round. Later on I found out that I was too short to be a Disney Princess anyway." The height requirement for most of the princesses is 5'4"-5'7". Scout is 5'3".
• She took gymnastics for 3 years in elementary school- She even competed at regional and state levels but left when she decided she wanted to act instead.
• Has no cousins- Both her mom and dad were only children.
• Was offered the role of Gwen Stacy and accepted 1 minute and 30 seconds before it was released to the public- "I had no time to let it soak in in private before the entire world knew. Not even two minutes, honestly! It was a whirlwind from the start. Maybe they were worried I wouldn't be able to keep my mouth shut, I don't know. [...] The next day there were articles on the internet like, "Who is Scout Herring?". It was crazy, there wasn't really any time to adjust."
• Would consider working on television again - She's said before that she would love to take on a character in the vein of Gemma Teller. "People love to hate her but I think from a writing and development standpoint, she was a fanastic character. Her motives stayed consistent throughout the series and I loved that about her."